Monday, July 12, 2010

Woo Hoo a Blog Update

This dog is named Buddha. He's a cutie pie.
Some health volunteers n Buddha.















Hey people,
First things first: My health-- c'est bon! Today for the first time since I got here, I ate full meals. Like full meals comparable to ones I would eat in the US. With each day that passes, a little bit more Lariam (the malaria meds Google it now) leaves my body and I feel better and my appetite returns more and my mood balances out too. Fun fact, did you know that the military is banned from using Lariam because of its history of side effects? Well now you know!

So what's new and interesting in the fun-filled and packed days we have here? This weekend we did what's called "Demystification" which is where they "De-mystify" what the life of an actual volunteer is like. I went with a group of like 8 which is too many to one volunteer's site in the South of Burkina which was literally sweet. Why? Because it's filled with mangoes! Sorry to use so many exclamation points, but c'est vrai, it's mango season all year long in Southern Burkina. And the climate is more jungle-like but with mountains and Shea Butter trees! And veggies and fruits growing, mango factories, chiller people than in the North and puppies playing on the side of the road. Sounds like some sort of Ashley paradise right? So you know Ashley's gonna try to influence shit so she can live there right? Mais oui!

And c'est moi so you know I took pictures right which I will post later of course.

Tired of my Franglais??? That's too bad I don't care.

-AF

4 comments:

  1. I love your Franglais and I'm very happy that you are doing better, health wise. I was thinking of you today, and thought I would check your blog... and it looks like you just posted! Have a mango for me, and keep safe! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thank goodness you have your appetite back. and mmmm mangoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I can learn French from your Franglais...wait was that French mixed with English right? *looks confused* yay! keep us posted. I am glad you can eat. thanks for my drug lesson and I am glad you saw puppies in Ashley's Paradise. Enjoy your demystification my dear! missing..hey if i send u like a $20 can you buy me cute jewelry that I could maybe use in costume or when I am just out as myself?! bracelets? necklace? earbobs? lol lemmie know...I don't know when I'll have $20 but I'm on it if you say yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad you are alive and not sick anymore... and that place sounds magical. it is a great dream of mine to be able to eat a mango off a tree.

    ReplyDelete