Saturday, August 14, 2010

I've Been A Bad Updater Person

Sorry I havent updated like I wanted but seriously so much happens here I forget or I dont have enough time. So I received my local language which is Dagara a language spoken by approximately 1 million in Northwest Ghana and Southeastern Burkina. The Dagara are known as the Indians of Burkina Faso in part because they fought off the French with bows and arrows when they came to colonize. I think thats pretty coo. I intentionally left the l off there. Im moving to a village with a population less than 2000 and Ill be in a jungle like region I think, thats damn close to Ghana. There will be lots of vegetation there and I hear its pretty. Our official swear-in date is the 27th so in less than two weeks I'll be sworn in as a volunteer! Not that Im counting down the days until the end of training or anything. But I am. Ill probably post pics next time Im here but I have to figure out how first. Ciao!

6 comments:

  1. hey so does this mean your address is changing soon or no? like is the address you've listed still working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ill get a new address soon. Anything sent now Ill get after I move to site but Ill still get it Ill just get it later. I still havent gotten my new address yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that was my question...okie dokie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not related to this post:
    Today, I saw a Freddie Mercury look-alike on the street. I texted you this before remembering that you were in Africa. So that is sad. But yeah. Didn't know that was a look anyone was goin' for these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok i'm going to wait until you get your new address then. oh also, not that you would've heard... but i've recently discovered a gem of an album: wu-tang vs. the beatles. thought you might appreciate that.

    OH ALSO. I SAW TYRA in the slug line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee I dont know when I'll be able to find jewelry but youll have to remind me of that after ive been in village a while and resend me your address.

    ReplyDelete