Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Books, Books, Books!



Now, I'd like to take a minute to ask people if they have any suggestions for good books or any good reading I might be interested in, in case I have lots and lots of free time on my hands.

Big ups to Meagan who recommended The Bottom Billion by Paul Collier. I generally read nonfiction exclusively, but I might want some escapism from time to time so if you have any book suggestions for me, I would be much obliged.

Also, don't recommend any of the books in the picture above because they look like they're dulllll.

-AFT


3 comments:

  1. I actually hate Paul Collier. Had to read him twice for two econ classes and I think he's full of shit. I would recommend any book by Maarten Troost -- he has three out.. and they're hilarious memoirs of his living abroad for years so i mean you could probably relate to him and you'd laugh your ass off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL too late Avi I already bought his book for 10 bucks at the World Bank bookstore. I will determine for myself, what I think of it but I suspect I might share that sentiment. But I won't know until i read the book! Anything that makes me laugh I support so I shall investigate this Troost character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember this from your room "The Sex Lives of Cannibals", I would always think about how weird the name was when I saw it, but it looks interesting to me now that I've actually read what it's about lol.

    ReplyDelete