Sunday, June 13, 2010

One Week, Bitches, One Week Left!!!

UPDATE: I lied. I will still be in training for 3 months, I'm pretty sure. You can send me stuff in August.

That's right.


Also, P.C. keeps sending me e-mails with new stuff I need to do even though it's the last minute and the last email they sent said my Pre
-Service Training ends August 24th not September like I thought. So if you were planning on sending something in August, that is too late. The latest you can send stuff now is like mid-July, before my address will change. Regardless though, I'll post my new address when I get it and keep you posted.

This probably will not be my last post before I go...

Also, important question:

Is my hair to the point where I can wear it out yet? No? Almost? Thoughts?


5 comments:

  1. Your hair is awesome! I'm also confused about what to do with my hair. It's time for some hands-on/crash courses with the naps!

    Anyway, congrats on being invited to Burkina Faso! I'll be following your blog. Stop by and visit me when you get a chance! supremeinservice.wordpress.com/ Nothing exciting... just applicant drama for now. Can't wait until I get an invitation! Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks & same to you! I will follow you to see where you get posted. Maybe by then I will have found out what to do w/ my hair haha (although if i see people putting braids in, i will almost certainly do that. i see a lot of volunteers w/ braids).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I created a post a while ago stating that I might just cut it all off. I don't want to loc, but I'm not so sure I want to cut it. Every day I think about it... but I always chicken out, especially when I think of how big and wild my 'fro can be after two years.

    Keep in touch! I am hoping to get to Africa. *fingers crossed* If I don't get there, I know I'll come and visit. I'd love to come and visit you in Burkina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I'd welcome all guests! Is your nomination for Sub-Saharan Africa or South/Central America?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm nominated for Central/South America, but a bite-sized part of me is still holding out hope that it will change once I get past medical and can speak to my placement officer. I've gotten over my initial "disappointment" with my nomination and welcome just about any place that I'm sent. However, there's still that little glimmer of hope that I'll get sent to SSA instead!

    ReplyDelete