Monday, May 31, 2010

Consumed by Consumerism....

Soooooo, let's see how much of the crap I bring will be completely and utterly useless once I'm there! It'll be interesting to see because I've definitely spent a load of time scouring the internet trying to find the "right" items. Most of which I know are probably unnecessary when I get them, but my thought process is always wants to try to be "as prepared as possible, just in case". In reality, I'm aware that the experience I'm delving into is not about the stuff I bring. And I know that I cannot fully "prepare in advance" for the experience I'm going to have and I definitely can't prepare for it by getting "stuff". Stuff won't help me do a good job (ok maybe it depends what stuff) and won't help me integrate into the community. Unless of course, it's stuff the community needs. You never know.....

But still.


No comments:

Post a Comment