Sunday, May 9, 2010

O-M-GGGGGGG

UPDATE: Nope!! I was wrong! I went downstairs when my Dad informed me that this morning a wild gang of about SEVEN squirrels took turns gangraping my feeder till there was no food left. He said, one squirrel climbed onto the feeder and shook it for at least an hour while the other six waited down below to eat the seeds that fell to the ground. I believe the squirrel on the feeder was Steve and he called those six hooligans over to our backyard and showed them the feeder in order to gain status in squirrel-land. My question to my Dad was "So you sat here and watched as a gang of squirrels viciously shook and emptied out my bird feeder till there was none left and didn't do anything. Just sat and watched them for an hour like 'Hmm. That was interesting.'" RAWWWWWRRRR!!!!!!!

Who the hell new bird feeder maintenance was such an arduous task?? I took a glance at my main feeder yesterday and noticed it was half full even though I filled it to the brim only a week ago. It should take maybe a month for it to be half gone. My first thought was "STEVE!!" But even Steve doesn't eat that much. My bird feeder has been getting tons of traffic recently from many different species of birds from Blue Jays to strange spotted birds I can't identify. But they eat like a few seeds at a time. So who ate all those seeds?


I went out there and underneath the feeder I spotted deer droppings. How do I know they were deer droppings? There are only so many animals in this neighborhood so it was either deer or fox droppings and a fox couldn't reach my feeder. But a deer could. They are tall enough. "But deer don't eat bird food, Ashley!!" I thought. So I brought the feeder in yesterday and then said "Whatever's eating it probably eats at night so it's not fair to bring the feeder in during the day when the birds eat" And I brought it back out there and waited.

Today, when I woke up, all the food was gone.

Now all the birds are out there flying to the feeder and flying away because there's no food left for them. The culprits of course are the neighborhood deer! Ugh I have a new foe now!!!

2 comments:

  1. Making unfair accusations against deer.. tsk tsk

    love,

    Sham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss you. I think I understand your dad not interfering though I think we learned about that in psyc...its like the bystander effect or something...

    ReplyDelete