Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I Found A Grey Hair.

I'm about to go to my first French class in a few years in about 30 minutes. It will be every Tuesday from 7:15 to 9:15 I believe. This means it will cut into LOST. There's nothing I can do about this. I'll just have to watch the last month of LOST online. I will probably go to class and try not to talk much. This is because think this is like intermediate conversation. Like people here might be decent speakers. I don't know, but I haven't even reviewed and I passed up many opportunities to get/use Rosetta Stone and/or learn to speak French in some other way. The official language of Burkina Faso is French, BTW. I'll talk more about this stuff when I get back.

In other news, I found a grey hair the other day. It's very short, but it's near the front of my head. I tried to be very accepting of it. I think people can look very cool with grey hair. But my mom has only a small patch of grey hair near the front of her head, that's it. And she's 62. So why do I have one at 22? I wasn't expecting to see a single grey hair for many many years. So I googled "I found a grey hair" and it turns out many people have found a grey hair at my age or younger and it can be a sign of stress. I don't understand how my life is more stressful than the average person's though. I understand that I worry a lot and have anxiety about a great many things, but still I say I believe my life is significantly less stressful than let's say the average person with kids. And if I'm this stressed at 22 with no kids, maybe having kids isn't for me. I mean come on seriously.

Will update when I get back.


UPDATE: Okay, so yeah I went to French class last night and all in all it was a pretty solid class. It's mostly old people of course and one ambitious high school sophomore. I did not study at all going into this class, I just kind of showed up. And stuff started coming back to me which I was happy about and I learned some new things. Yay. However, I am still on my ROSETTA STONE QUEST to find a FRENCH ROSETTA STONE. Big ups to you if you can get one for me. I'm glad to be getting back into French because I was intimidated by it for a while, but there's really no reason to be. Everyone's just trying to learn it and we are all making mistakes.

On a very different note,

I want to go on a vacation. Before I leave. I'm serious. I've been thinking about this for a long time and I thought it would be a nice idea to go on a cheap cruise to like the Bahamas or somewhere. Ahhh. And I will be going.

Questions: Where should I go? Who should I go with? Who wants to go?

1 comment:

  1. i want to go/i can give you rosetta stone. i just need it back sometime this summer, b/c there's a foreign language requirement for my MA.
    <3 Mary

    ReplyDelete