Monday, April 26, 2010

Just Thought of Something...



Click--> M.I.A.'s new video "Born Free" - The song I think will take some getting used to, but Mary, you will like this video in a very sick and twisted way because you are an evil person.

So someone asked me yesterday if there was something she could get to help me prepare for my trip. This is a kind gesture and I appreciate it, but what I will appreciate even more is if people send me mail when I go overseas. I will REALLY look forward to receiving mail, letters, a package or whatever you can send when I am over there. These will mean a lot to me and I will judge our friendship based on what you send me... Just kidding =) =).

Or am I....?

I am not.

Acceptable things to send are like letters, photos, CDs that I want or that you think I will want, snacks (can apple juice boxes be sent overseas? maybe I should ask my mom for that), any sort of care package (and I've seen some impressive ones looking at other volunteers' blogs), etc. You can also send yourself, but I don't expect anyone to want to visit other than my Mom and Dad.

CDs that I will want, but won't come out until after I leave include:
1. That new M.I.A joint, which is currently untitled. It comes out literally a week after I leave.
2. Whenever Amy Winehouse gets it together she will come out with a new album. And I will want it, but I probably won't be able to get it unless I get internet long enough to download it on iTunes.
3. If OutKast comes out with anything, which I think they are this year (!!), that would be nice.

That's all I can think of right now. A mix CD, that could be cool as well.

Soon I will post my mailing address for when I'm at my training site. I will be in training for the first 3 months, then I will move to my real site and my address will change. I'll post the new address after I've moved but for the first three months I'll post what my address will be.

Also, I hear air mail usually takes 3 to 4 weeks to arrive. That means you have to send it 4 weeks in advance of when you want it to arrive. So if you want me to get mail at site you might consider mailing it before I leave (hint, hint). And it has to be sent via air mail at the post office or through DHL for valuable stuff.

Training site address:

A.F. Thomas, PCT

S/c Corps de la Paix

01 B.P. 6031

Ouagadougou 01, Burkina Faso

2 comments:

  1. woah well that was intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaahahahaahahahahaha
    Ha
    Ha
    well, that was the most disturbing thing i have laughed hysterically at in a long time.
    then i read the comments ppl had posted and they were like, "if you laughed at this you severely need psychological help."
    i thank you for the mention in your illustrious blog, and if and when ms. winehouse gets her shit together, i'll send you her cd.

    ReplyDelete