Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's Saturday


This morning, I was supposed to go to the first ever Occoquan Farmer's Market in the historic town on the water, Occoquan, which is 5 minutes down the road. But instead I woke up, took my vitamins and Allegra, ate a biscuit and threw up. Now I'm back in bed. I had long-awaited the opening of this Farmer's Market. Occoquan is a very pretty place. But I have an oversensitivity to any perceived illness I might have/get. Plus, in the past around this time of year, I've had severe allergic reactions to things I still haven't identified. Thought maybe this was one of them. Better to play it safe.


In other news, Spike Lee is a making a movie called "Brooklyn Hearts MJ" about gentrification in Brooklyn. It is based on the birthday party Spike Lee threw for Michael Jackson last Summer in Fort Greene that caused controversy with some of the newer Fort Greene residents. =). Lee has made several of his joints about Brooklyn and I have seen almost all of them so this is exciting for me. Of course I probably won't get to see it for several years but this is a great picture of him.

For more about this movie Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment